Need help right now? Call us toll free at 800-805-8991 or email to email@example.com.
Pulse Transformer Manufacture and Design
Agile Magnetics designs and manufactures pulse transformers for a range of clients. Pulse transformers, unlike other transformers are not primarily for energy or power transfer, but for information transmission of analog or digital signals. Whereas power transformers are often primarily involved with efficiency, the pulse transformer is designed to produce a specific rectangular (on/off) waveform for both analog and digital applications – and the pulse frequency and peak voltage are usually how they are specified
Looking for a Quick Quote for a Pulse Transformer
These transformers are very common since they are used in electronics and communications (both lower power applications) or power distribution controls, and very high power pulsed energy like radar applications. Some specific applications are as follows:
- To adapt the impedance of a remote cable to the output impedance of the official establishment of cables or driver
- To adapt the impedance of a coaxial cable to an antenna.
- For galvanic separation of audio and high-frequency relays (overvoltage protection, shock protection, separation of ground loops)
- For balancing electrical signals (microphone cable, antenna connections
- For the separation of the AC component (signal component) at a signal, which represents a mixed current with a DC component, often with adaptation
- Signal transmitters in local area networks (LAN, Ethernet) and others for potential isolation and balancing
A pulse transformer creates right-angle pulses (also called a “square waveform”) instead of the more normal sinusoidal (wave-like) shape so ideally it is completely on for a time period, then completely off. The shape is not perfect however with the rise and fall times not actually being instantaneous and difference shapes indicate different problems. Overshoot, droop, and slow rise time are all problems that occur in the attempt to maintain a perfect waveform
Used for any pulsed power applications: camera flash, radar, lasers, and in communications or microelectronics to synchronize the circuits to the output transmission requirements.
Have a question about a custom transformer, coil, inductor, or other custom magnetic assembly?
Agile Magnetics, Inc. / 24 Chenell Drive, Concord, NH 03301 / Toll-Free: 800-805-8991 / Fax: 603-410-6434